How to Pour the Perfect Heart Cappuccino in a Few Simple Steps!
You don't need to be a Barista to surprise your special Valentine this week with a heart shaped foam shape in the center of your cappuccino or latte. It might some practice, but once you master it the first time, it's easy to remember. We suggest you use whole milk as it's best to work with and form the heart shape.
These steps are to be used with an espresso machine and milk steamer:
1. Steam 3 ounces of whole milk (6 tablespoons) to 140-160 degrees. Make sure you then swirl the milk to get rid of any bubbles.
2. Use a standard Cappuccino cup and fill it with about 1 ounce (one shot) of expresso. Hold the cup in your hand and then tip it toward you -- at around a 45-degree angle.
3. Take your steamed milk and gradually pour the milk into the Espresso starting in the middle of the cup. It's best that you hold the pitcher high so that when you pour the milk it will sink to the bottom.
4. When the cup is mostly full, continue to pour but pour closer to the top. As you are pouring start shaking your hand back and forth to slightly make ripples in the foam.
5. Now lift the pour higher again and drag it in a line down through the center of the heart to make the point at the bottom.
You'll then have a heart foam in your cup! Enjoy!