As we prepare for the cold months ahead, it's a great time to consider a soup swap with neighbors and friends. No two soups will be alike and a potluck of soups presents a wonderful opportunity to ...
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch dice
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped into 1-inch dice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place a piece of foil on 2 cookie sheets and generously spray each with cooking spray. On one cookie sheet, place the diced carrots and parsnips. On the other cookie sheet, place the sweet potato and rutabaga.
3. Place both cookie sheets in the oven and roast veggies until tender—about 35 minutes. The sheet with the carrots may be done first; be sure to check periodically.
4. When all veggies have finished roasting, remove from oven, cool slightly then transfer to a high-speed blender. Add coconut milk, stock, thyme, rosemary, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and salt. Place the top tight on the blender, but vent for steam and process soup until smooth and velvety.
Makes 4-6 servings
Source: Eat, Live, Run